Choral Days Information
- If sufficient entries are received in any section, vocal ensembles may be divided by type or combined into a composite grouping (unless other factors such as timing requests prevent this). Please provide all information requested, such as numbers in groups etc.
- One grand piano only is provided.
- One conductor's stand is provided.
- No official accompanist is provided for the Choral Sections. If you need assistance with getting an accompanist for your group, please refer to the Official Accompanists list or contact the Choral Coordinator
- Groups named as "Primary School Age" will be programmed during school hours.
Groups named as "Secondary School Age" will be programmed during school hours where possible, but to finish not later than 5.00pm. "Open Age" groups will be programmed after 5.00pm unless all competitors indicate willingness to be scheduled earlier.
- Note: School Groups who are prizewinners in Open Age sections may opt to receive a trophy instead of the nominated cash prize. Please ask at the venue on the day of the competition - normally as the prize is being awarded.
- From 2019 the adjudicators are asked to award, in addition to the regular placegetters, an overall SPECIAL COMMENDATION AWARD in each of the three school age categories (Infants, Primary and Secondary) to the most impressive performance from a "non-auditioned" school choir.
MUSIC COPY FOR ADJUDICATOR
ALL competitors in vocal ensemble sections are required to submit a copy of their music for the adjudicator. A full score must be provided,preferably with bars numbered. This music is to be handed in at the Registration on arrival at the hall - OR uploaded at preregistration. Photocopies may be submitted but will not be returned after the event. Original music may be submitted - and should be picked up from the front desk , together with adjudication report, after the completion of the event. Digital copies must be destroyed on both the entrant's computer and the eisteddfod computer.
Pre-Registration of Music is requested - this facility becomes available online two weeks before the events are held.
- Submission of music details in this way facilitates the registration process for the competitor, enhances the information supplied to the audience and makes it easier for the eisteddfod to keep the eisteddfod running smoothly. Competitors may alter/edit information of what is to be performed as they arrive at registration, should they wish to do so. Music details which have been pre-registered will be displayed/announced at the start of each event. Details submitted on the day may be edited into this information, depending on the time available to do so .
- ANYONE who has not preregistered music should make sure that they arrive at the Registration desk NO LATER THAN 15 minutes before the estimated starting time of the scheduled event.