Overall plan for Ryde Eisteddfod Special Covid operations
• Vocal - will be run in a limited fasion with online video and already scheduled zoom events. We are looking at school holidays or later in October - schedules to appear soon. Accompanied items have option of backing tracks or unaccompanied. Official accompanists can be contacted for preparing a backing track. Open to virtual ensemble submissions.
• Instrumental - video submission events - will be run in school holidays or later in October - schedules to appear soon. Accompanied items have option of backing tracks or unaccompanied. Official accompanists can be contacted for preparing a backing track. Open possibility of ensemble submissions by groups later in the year. Open to virtual ensemble submissions.
• Dance - will not be run this year. Competitors are being offered refunds or credits towards 2022 entries.
• Speech - will operate via Zoom sessions - during school holidays or later in October. Schedules under discussion.
• Seniors - are offered video submission entries but planned for late October so if venues are likely to open in November this could be changed to a live performance. Seniors are encouraged to 'have a go' to trying to make videos of them performing at home. The Online Administrator and other consultants are available for giving advice on how to do this.
NOTE: There has a been request for extra entries being available to take part in this new format events. As a result it is possible to make a SPECIAL COVID ENTRY under 3 categories - Junior, Intermediate and GROUP. A late entry needs to specify which regular section they want to perform in. For example, if someone wanted to take part in section 530F Verse Speaking - Boys 11yrs would make entry in the 021A Special Covid Junior section, indicating that the event wanted is 530F. If the speech convenor is agreeable this entrant will be added to the competitors in the regular event. See this item under extras - direct link