Duos and Duets will present a challenge to performers - but they have been included in the programme in case the teachers/performers have some original method of producing a worthwhile video of the performance. While solo performances should be ONE TAKE (no editing) it is understood that Duos/Duets could be produced as a Virtual Ensemble requiring two parts to be edited together.
|Day||Events||Time of Day|
|Friday 8th October||Strings||evening|
|Saturday 9th October||Strings||all day|
|Sunday 10th October||Strings||from 11am|
|Monday 11th October||Winds/Brass||evening|
|Tuesday 12th October||Winds/Brass||evening|
|Wednesday 13th October||Percussion & Winds/Brass||evening|
|Friday 15th October||MultiInstruments||evening|
|Saturday 16th October||Piano||all day|
|Sunday 17th October||Piano||from 11am|
|Friday 22nd October||Piano||evening|
|Saturday 23rd October||Piano||all day|
|Sunday 24th October||Piano & Duos||from 11am|
|Saturday 30th October||Piano||from 11am|
Competitors are asked to -
- download the updated programme blueOctober.pdf - those of you who purchased the original programme will see that it is the programme with notes of changes indicated on it. NOTE: This was updated on 21st September to contain more detailed information.
- go to Instrumental Preregistration and submit the details of their performances - including uploading a pdf of their music
- prepare a video of the solo performance - one take, no details of performer name included in the view. See below for how to title the video. It is understood that you may not have a fine piano or a great videoing system but the adjdudicator will be looking for an entertaining performance with whatever you have available. If you are already set up with good videoing systems do please include pedalling/bowng, fingerwork and playing from memory/using script as best you can.
- EITHER upload one's own video to own YOUTUBE channel - and include the link in the preregistration information OR upload the video as an mp4 or other video format into one of the folders once available for that section.
• links to folders for uploading videos will appear with links on this page ONE WEEK BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE and remain up UNTIL 48 HOURS BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE. Videos can be loaded directly in those folders from this menu item. If submitting links to own YOUTUBE performances this can be entered with the preregistration details - or submitted later as a word document or pdf file with the link on it.
ALL VIDEOS and MUSIC must
- NOT CONTAIN any details of the performers name
- should be labelled with the event number and competitor number - e.g. competitor 1 in section 222C should submit music and video labelled 222C_1.
All string/wind/brass/percussion solos may be accompanied live OR by a backing track OR played unaccompanied.
NOTE: Video must be a complete performance - video and audio of the performer, to the best recording method at hand. The adjudicator will endeavour to judge the performance taking into account any recording limitations.
Duos and Duets may be performed live, e.g. with family members as the participants - or they may be videoed separately and combined digitally into one recording . There should be no EDITING for SOLO PERFORMANCES.
ON THE DAY OF THE PERFORMANCE the competitor will be emailed a playlist of performances in their event - which they may view at any time during that day. They will be emailed a certificate and report for the performance together with details of prizes if these are awarded.
ADJUDICATORS OVERALL COMMENTS on each session will be made available as a recorded Zoom session and available for viewing at a specified time.